Moseley Forum works to improve the area for the benefit of the whole community, providing opportunities to debate and to influence issues of interest & concern.
The Objectives of the Forum:
- To consult with the community to find out what improvements are needed, and what issues need to be discussed
- To hold debates on issues affecting individuals, the wider community, businesses, and organisations in Moseley
- To build consensus around issues affecting Moseley
- To liaise with Councillors, City Council officers, the Police and other organisations, representing the views of Moseley residents
- To work with other voluntary and community organisations in and near Moseley to achieve improvements
- To create and deliver projects, with and for the Moseley community
- To comment on buildings and their usage where this impacts on people and has an impact on the community and residents of Moseley
Moseley Forum – like all Neighbourhood Forums – is a community group run by and for local people. Membership is free and all residents of Moseley (aged 16+) are automatically members of the Forum.
The Forum campaigns on these issues and make representations to Ward Advisory Boards, District Strategic Partnerships, and other local organisations that affect the village. The Committee meetings provide an opportunity to discuss & influence the issues that affect Moseley, such as:
- Community safety
- The economy of Moseley
- Environmental issues
- Health & social issues
Birmingham City Council is moving to devolve decision-making, budgets and some services to ten ‘districts’. The Neighbourhood Forums with their local knowledge make a big difference by ensuring that the districts’ spending and priorities reflect the needs of local people. Moseley Forum is an active member of the Hall Green District Strategic Partnership.
If you are interested in improving Moseley for the benefit of the community then please come along to one of our committee meetings, which are open to the public, or contact us for more more information.